Ceramic Coating Instructions
Pour les instructions en Français, cliquez ici
Completely clean and degrease your vehicle body before application.
If the paint have swirls or scratches, a paint correction is needed before.
Base coat dries fast, please avoid application under direct sun, otherwise wiping would be imbedded.
Avoid application in environment temperature under 10°C (50°F)
Carry out application under complete cool-off state of the vehicle body, since different temperatures will change the time of product hardening.
While wiping base coat, make sure you are working under good light to avoid remaining residue.
Follow the procedures below for best results.
Ceramic coating should be done panel by panel (hood, fender, door after door, bumpers, trunk, roof, side skirts) and the same quantity of products should be use on each area for a uniform result.
- Place suede cloth on the application pad
- Drip 7-10 drops of Base Coat solution on it
- Apply it horizontally, then vertically, with a # pattern to make sure product is spread everywhere.
- Wait for the designated time depending on environment temperature:
30°C (86°F): 45 sec
20°C (68°F): 1 min
10°C (50°F): 1 min 30 sec
Wiping: We recommend to use 2 microfibers towels, one for coating excess removal, one for finishing.
- Wipe the excess of Base Coat with a first microfiber towel
- Take another microfiber to clean the coating residues in order to make a smooth and shiny surface everywhere you applied it.
- Remove any streaks or smudges, surface should be perfect.
- Repeat these steps on the rest of the vehicle, still working panel by panel to be able to respect application and wiping times.
Curing time will be between 2 and 4 hours depending on temperature before applying the #2Top Coat or another layer.
You can use infrared lamp to make this process quicker, heat each panel during 10min at 70°C
The more you wait the better.
Base coat hardening is directly correlated with temperature and humidity. Curing times may vary.
#2 TOP COAT
Top Coat must be applied when all the Base Coat layers are dry, it is the finishing part of the ceramic coating process. Still work panel by panel
- Shake well before using
- Spray Top Coat on the car (not too much)
- Wipe it immediately with a dry towel until having a smooth and glossy surface.
Congrats! You have now a fully protected car with an exceptional shine.
For long lasting results, avoid water on treated surfaces for the first 24h, and do not wash your car during the first week.
If you still have some #2 Top Coat, you can use it for maintenance every 6months.